7 days left
- Full Time
W & H Marriage & Sons began trading in 1824, milling the wheat on the family farm. Six generations later, we offer a wide range of flour, commercial animal feed and retail pet food. W & H Marriage is based in the heart of Chelmsford. It is one of the oldest family run companies in Essex. On our Chelmer Mills site we produce our products and package them.
We are looking to recruit a Maintenance/Fabricator to join our team of Engineers. The successful candidate would be required to work 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday. The candidate would also be required to participate on the paid on call rota. Overtime is also available and sometimes necessary. You would be weekly paid with the salary based on experience. Holiday entitlement is 24 days a year + bank holidays.
- Mainly mechanical bias- pumps, gearboxes, pneumatics
- Fabrication- guarding, material ducting (spouting).
- Welding- repairs, making brackets, pipe work.
- Installations- installing new machines.
- Routine maintenance- greasing, checking belts, oil changes.
- Breakdowns- rapid response for reducing down time on our production and packaging lines.
- General building maintenance- guttering, drainage, windows, doors, locks and closures.
- Hygiene- working with best practice of the companies hygiene rules.
- On call- covering the plant for emergency breakdown cover.
- Ability to work as a team or as an individual.
Suitable Candidate will possess the following
- At least 5 years experience in fabrication or industrial maintenance or installations.
- Must have welding experience.
- Educated to at least City and Guilds/ B Tech/ NVQ 3 (exception may be made to a candidate with a wealth of experience).
- Good problem solving skills.
- Good team working and communication skills.
- Preferable reside within 20 miles (30 minutes) of Chelmsford.
If you are interested in working for a long established family company and enjoy plenty of variety in your working day.
Please send your CV with a covering letter to Daryl Cole by email firstname.lastname@example.org or post to
W & H Marriage and Sons
Chelmer Mills New Street
Essex CM1 1PN
Apply for Maintenance Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly