RECEPTIONIST / ADMINISTRATOR - FULL TIME

Recruiter
Companion Care (Services) Ltd
Location
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary
COMPETITIVE SALARY
Posted
07 Aug 2017
Expires
04 Sep 2017
Ref
Companion Care Cambridge Barnwell Road
Contract Type
Permanent
Hours
Full Time

RECEPTIONIST / ADMINISTRATOR  - FULL TIME

CAMBRIDGE

Due to the continued success of our busy small animal practice in Cambridge, we have an exciting opportunity for a Receptionist/Administrator to join our team.  The role is a great opportunity for an individual who enjoys the combination of client interaction and administrative support, coupled with the fact that animal welfare is at the very heart of everything we do.  Get in touch if this sounds like something that would interest you.

Our practice is located inside Pets at Home on Barnwell Road and we are open 7 days a week from 8am-10pm (weekdays only).  There is lots of onsite parking and local transport links, meaning we are easily accessible for anyone relying upon public transport. 

The role is a combination of covering reception and practice admin duties, meaning you will spend 80% of your time on Reception liaising and interacting with our clients; the remaining 20% completing administration tasks.  Your duties will include:

  • Managing appointment bookings and client registrations both face to face and by telephone, in a professional and efficient manner using the in-practice database system.

  • Receiving and welcoming clients and patients for appointments, being sensitive to their needs and promoting a professional image at all times.

  • Maintaining and growing product and services knowledge that protects our pets whilst being able to advise clients and sell these when appropriate.

  • Work with other members of the team to ensure that the reception and other areas of the practice are kept to a high standard of cleanliness and are presentable at all times.

  • Processing insurance claims and paperwork, alongside managing and pursuing overdue balances.

  • Generating stock control, processing orders and associated record keeping.

  • Facilitating client communications in a timely manner, through various channels ie. vaccination reminders, text alerts for flea & worming etc.

Person Specification

To our clients, their animals are their world, and we get that.  Whilst working at our practice you will experience the highs & lows of owning a companion animal, therefore we are looking for an individual with a friendly disposition who is also understanding, empathetic and resilient.  Life in practice is extremely busy and fast paced, therefore you must be able to work well in a pressurised environment and in an organised manner.  You will have a proactive, can do approach, paying attention to detail and accuracy and be who looks to drive the practice forward.  Our Partners, Hayley and Benedetta are looking for an experienced individual, therefore the successful candidate will have a combination of reception and admin experience in addition to being someone who is focused heavily on the client and their satisfaction.   

Salary package will be discussed at final stage interview, and the offering will be based upon skills and experience that the successful candidate can bring to the role.  

This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, which will include weekend working on a rotation of 1 in 4 weekends and 1 in 4 Saturdays.  As we are open from 8am - 10pm throughout the week, we are looking for candidates to have a flexible approach as you will be expected to work a combination of mornings and evenings.

Benefits

As you would expect from the market leader in small animal veterinary care, we offer a supportive and friendly working environment, together with career development opportunities, an excellent package and great benefits that include; competitive salary, exclusive company discounts and rewards - including 20% off at Pets at Home and the Vet Group.

We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.

To apply on line please visit www.careers.myvetpractice.co.uk  If the role is no longer listed, this means the position has now been filled