Sustainability and Environmental Policy Executive
Our client is looking to recruit a Sustainability and Environmental Policy Executive to be based in Central London (Bloomsbury)
To assist them to deliver its environmental policy and sustainability work programme. This involves implementation of their Sustainability Ambition 2025, undertaking research and project work supporting work on environmental policy and regulation, liaising with external stakeholders and the preparation of policy papers and reports for the Environmental Regulation and Policy Committee. The role currently places particular emphasis on their work representing the sector and communicating with members on the implication of the UK leaving the EU and the development of the Sector Plan under the Government’s Industrial Strategy.
- To support the team’s work with a particular emphasis on the communication of environmental and sustainability issues with members through policy groups
- To help implement and deliver Sustainability Ambition 2025, including the development of promotional material and the organisation of workshops and events as required, and specifically to deliver the annual Ambition 2025 report. To monitor progress against the Environmental Regulation and Policy Operating Plan and to help organise contributors to deliver the plan in a systematic and timely fashion and to the standard expected
- To support and/or lead on individual policy areas and projects as directed by Head of Energy and Climate Change Policy and/or Environment Policy Manager
To act as a day to day liaison point with the Corporate Affairs team
- To provide Secretariat support in respect of the Environmental Regulation and Policy Committee including assisting with the preparation of papers and ensuring they are prepared in an orderly and timely fashion and the tracking of agreed follow up action points.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Graduate or relevant qualifications/ experience
- Interest and enthusiasm in sustainability and environmental policy and its wider economic and social dimensions
- Responsible self-starter
- Ability to be highly adaptable to reflect changing business priorities
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Good communicator and a team player
- Project management experience
- Database skills would be an advantage
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Experience of Word, PowerPoint and Excel
This is the voice of the UK food and drink industry - the largest manufacturing sector in the country. They help their members operate in an appropriately regulated marketplace to maximise their competitiveness. They communicate their industry's values and concerns to Government, regulators, consumers and the media. They also work in partnership with key players in the food chain to ensure their food is safe, affordable and nutritious and that consumers can have trust in it.
In return you will receive an attractive salary package.
FDF offers an excellent employee benefits package to its employees - a pension scheme, life insurance, 25 days annual leave, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work scheme, eye-care vouchers, weekly fruit drop. After successful completion of a 6-months’ probationary period, employees will be entitled to an interest-free season ticket loan, gym subsidy and private health insurance.
How to Apply
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply by sending a CV and covering letter, illustrating why you are best-placed to take on the role.
Your application should be sent via clicking the link.
- 5.30pm, Friday 25th August 2017
Apply for Sustainability and Environmental Policy Executive
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly