Sage Manufacturing Business Analyst / Sage System Analyst
Job Title: Sage Manufacturing Business Analyst
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, Dependant on Experience
Our Client is an established and successful company. It is a well-known brand in the industry, renowned for its thoughtfully designed and well-engineered products. They are part of a global Fortune 500 organisation with annual revenue close to $20 billion and a team of 71,000 employees world-wide.
With them you can build a career in a way no other company can duplicate. They invest in their employees' professional development and support them in achieving their aspirations by offering dynamic careers across multiple operating companies and locations. They are innovative, fast-paced, results-oriented, and they win. They need talented people to keep winning.
They are currently looking for an experienced Sage Business Analyst with strong functional knowledge of Sage 1000 manufacturing industry related modules, including Sales, Purchasing, Planning, Shipping, Receiving, Work in Process, Item Master, Bills of Material, Costing, Engineering and Financial modules.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Work in partnership with business to understand and document their business processes, issues, challenges and opportunities.
- Work with the global enterprise team to get the necessary support or solutions in place to support business processes.
- Provide short-term, mid-term, and long-term solutions to business issues.
- Manage user and stakeholder expectations and robustly assess all requests for additional or non-standard developments.
- Document clear requirements, prepare functional design documents, monitor project progress, and test solutions prior to release to users for further user testing.
- Coordinate testing with end users.
- Prepare training materials and provide user training for new processes.
- Maintain appropriate documentation.
- Ensure effective support for Sage solutions.
- Use Sage Support to research new functionality, troubleshoot problems and escalate into Service Requests as needed.
- Act as a consultant to business counterparts to improve the usage of existing system solutions.
- Identify improvements to be made to existing solutions and processes.
- Deploy global application projects into the respective regions.
- Ensure proper application management practices are in place.
- Provides customer service to the assigned business groups and ensures escalated operational needs are met.
- Provide hands-on troubleshooting and support when required.
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business Administration, or the equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- You will have experience as a Sage Business Analyst or similar role, supporting a Manufacturing business.
- Experience in at least two mid-sized ERP implementation projects, particularly in an international environment, including one in a leadership role.
- Demonstrated solid understanding of business processes; prior business-level experience a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to improve procedures and standards, ensuring quality and delivery of service to customers.
- Demonstrated ability to document clear business requirements and solutions needed to meet business requirements and to translate the requirements into functional designs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform effective prioritization with limited resources and drive results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Solid understanding of best practices in ERP usage and ability to bring a consulting approach to help business solve issues and challenges.
- Proven experience working with Sage Support to investigate, research, recommend and test Sage upgrades, patches, functionality and processes.
- Demonstrated Problem Management Root Cause Analysis skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and relationships with business users and leaders.
- Technical skills, including administering SQL Server, writing SQL queries and Stored Procedures.
- Experience using SSIS, SSRS, Qlickview and Crystal Reports is desirable.
- Excellent verbal, active listening, and written communications skills along with demonstrated facilitation skills.
- English language spoken and written fluency required; second language proficiency preferred.
- Keen attention to detail; solid organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to travel for global deployment and support.
- Experience with Oracle EBS implementations is desirable.
To apply for this role please select the APPLY button to submit your CV and cover letter.
Candidates with the experience of; System Technician, Systems Engineer, Solutions Technician, Solutions Engineer, Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Sage Analyst, SSIS, SSRS, SQL,, Network Architect, Network Technician Software Architect, Systems Developer will be considered for this role.
Apply for Sage Manufacturing Business Analyst / Sage System Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly