Care Worker - Leighton Buzzard
1st Homecare is a growing, independent care agency based in Leighton Buzzard with a majority of clients who pay for their own care.
We are seeking full time care workers in Leighton Buzzard and surrounding villages to provide care in the homes of our elderly and disabled clients. In particular we are seeking reliable, flexible and compassionate carer workers who want to make a real difference to the lives of the people under our care.
We are offering two types of contract for full time staff:
• 4 days on, 4 days off
This entails 4 days from 7 am to 10pm (with breaks of 2 hours) followed by 4 days off.
- Wages are paid at £104/ shift.
- Opportunity to work extra days on a call by call basis.
- Statutory holidays
• Guaranteed 30 or 35 hour per week contract
These contracts guarantee a minimum number of hours provided that sufficient availability is provided by carers (37.5 hrs availability for a 30 hour contract and 45 hours for a 35 hour contract).
- Availability must be provided according to earlies (7am to 2.30pm) or lates (2.30 to 10pm)
- Carers will be required to work on alternate weekends.
- £8.37 per hour, more at weekends.
With both jobs we also offer:
• Inclusion in the company pension scheme.
• Wages paid during training.
• Uniforms and ID cards provide free of charge
• Travel allowance paid for each visit.
For Care Workers who are new to care we provide a full week's induction course with refresher training where appropriate. Our Senior Carers will keep a close eye on you and give you plenty of on-the-job training. Monthly Spot checks, quarterly supervisions and annual appraisals are all key ways in which we can ensure that your career is progressing in the right direction.
In addition we encourage all our Care Workers to train for a professionally recognised qualification (such as Level 2, 3 or 5 Diploma in Health and Social Care)
Please apply online for this Care Worker - Leighton Buzzard role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.